The Mavericks: "Make-up started as a therapeutic process for me" Feyisoge.


"The Maverick" for Week 5 is none other than the famous Feyisoge, a Pro Make-up artist who is making waves in the art of creating BEAUTY.

Intr: Hi

Feyisoge: Hi there!

Intr: Could you please introduce yourself  to our readers?

Feyisoge: my name is Oluwasanmi Adeoye, a final year student of Agricultural Economics.

Intr: Good to have you here... So, great ife community... How's been your experience so far?

Feyisoge: My pleasure. Hmm. . . it has been a life changing experience for me. Who I was before I got into this school is not who I am now and definitely not who I'll be by the time I graduate. I've met people, people have come and gone but God has been faithful.


Intr- Let's get a little bit fun ... We all know there is more to being Feyisoge we don't know about. What are your likes and dislike? What turns you off? What do you do for fun? What's your philosophy of life? Name your favourite food, best song at the moment, best artist.

Feyisoge: what do I like oh? Okay, I like really straightforward and real people, I like to talk (a lot), I like sleeping too. I dislike people who pretend to be who they're not, hypocrites and what else again sef I dislike head of fish. Lol. I sleep for fun, I surf the internet for fun, I window shop online for fun, I do makeup playdates (this is not for fun but it's a way I unwind) and I walk on the streets of Instagram for fun too. Basically, I don't go out. Abbreviations in chats is my greatest turn off seconded by inability to express thoughts vocally.
My philosophy about life is that you work now and play later. My new found philosophy is pushing limits and breaking boundaries positively. I'm not sure I have a favourite food. I basically love good food but amala and abula with ponmon and meat with chilled coke has my heart. Favourite food accessory (if there's anything like that) is plantain. I don't have a best song or a favourite artist.


Intr: if you were given a blank ticket to leave Nigeria, which country would you fill in and why?

Feyisoge: I would pick Brazil because of their food, the scenery and their language.


Intr: it's been fun ma'am... So, our team has identified you ma'am as a Maverick... How do you feel about this?

Feyisoge: oh well! I'm honoured to be considered as one as there are a thousand and one makeup artists in this school so I feel honoured. Thank you.


Intr: kindly describe your extra curricular exploit to the readers. Like what you do as a Maverick

Feyisoge: I really don't do much. I basically push myself to always bring something new to the table as regards my brand and my online presence.


Intr: How do you juggle between your academics and make-up business? As a Pro, is there really enough time for you? We know how OAU can be very demanding? How do you do it?

Feyisoge: I try as much as possible to not let two disturb each other. I'm going to be real with you, there are times when I miss classes to go for jobs or take time out to strategize on the next look I'll create. I take reasonable risks so my academics won't suffer. The truth is that 24hours is more than enough time, even if God extends it to 48hours per day, we'll still complain that there's no time. The little time I have, I try as much as possible to utilise it.


Intr: Of all interests you could pick up, why Make-up? What inspired you? What makes make-up so special? Is it because it's trending or what?

Feyisoge: I picked up makeup because I was going through a bad breakup and I needed something to distract me and I also wanted to look better too. Fortunately for me, I fell deeply in love with the craft and I decided to take it to the next level by going pro. I didn't go into it because it was and is a trend, I wanted to look fine and help others do the same and make my own money.


Intr: So, Make-up started as a therapeutic process for you.

Feyisoge: Yes, I agree. It started as a therapeutic process for me.


Intr- What made you think you had to do something aside academics?

Feyisoge: I needed a support system financially and the only way I thought was to start a business.


Intr- Self-taught or paid training ?

Feyisoge: I paid to be trained.


Intr- Do you have mentors in this practice you look up to? If yes. Mention at least two.

Feyisoge: Yes, I do oh. It is imperative to have at least one mentor. Mine is just Lolade MLpro. Although there are other makeup artists up there that I really love their works, one of them is Bibyonce.


Intr: How do you learn from them? How do they mentor you?

Feyisoge: Well, from Lolade, I've attended her masterclass before and she has also trained me online. Others, I just pick up things from their insta stories and YouTube channels.


Intr: How has been response from home towards your exploits? Supportive or not?

Feyisoge: They are my biggest fans. They cheer me on every single time. I get enough support from them.


Intr: Your brand is fast growing with recognition from other make up artists... Your customers grow by the day... You're tagged as one of the best and top MUAs in OAU and her environs...Your make-ups are beyond this world... Extraordinary masterpieces... What's your secret?

Feyisoge: I really don't like being left behind so I put in so much effort and work to stay ahead in my game. I don't stop learning, I learn and try to master my craft a lot! I also like to beat my own expectations when creating content.


Intr: Your recent spiderman suit work... How many hours did that take you? Or was it minutes? What made you choose spiderman and not any other superhero?

Feyisoge: Spidey took three hours. The 10minutes clip was just an abridged version of the whole process. I chose Spiderman because I knew it was going to stress me as drawing on one's face can be very challenging and the look was for a contest and I could not afford to bring anything ordinary or simple to the table and also because I had already done a female superhero (wonder woman) so I decided to balance the scale

Intr: Wow... That's just wow.


Intr- Have you ever had a " I don't think I can go on" moment? If yes, what happened and how did you handle it? If no, how manage?

Feyisoge: I've had moments like that times without number. Mostly times when I don't get clients at all or my page is not doing so well or I just feel frustrated. What I do sometimes is to cry or talk to someone or call home. I'm human too I have my moments.

Intr: Hmmm.... Would you recommend this to anyone going through a rough process since it works for you?

Feyisoge: what works for me might not work for other people. I'd advice anyone going through such to find a spiritually mature person to talk to.


Intr: You mentioned there are "a thousand and one MUAs" in OAU, how do you navigate customers to your end? How do you stay ahead in this kind of over saturated market space?

Feyisoge: Well, I believe it's God that brings my clients. Also, I try to put myself out there by creating content that appeals to clients. I update my skill by reading, paying for trainings and watching videos. My wealth of knowledge is one of the things that keeps ahead. I also practice my craft steadily and consistently. I didn't get here in a day, at some point I was a whack makeup artist but I chose not to remain there and I moved by God's grace.


Intr: How would you describe your customers?  What would you say to your fans that aren't even your customers, not even OAU students, if you could meet them one day?

Feyisoge: my customers are amazing. It's because of them I'm always on my toes because I must be better than the last time they patronized me. To my fans, I'd really like to appreciate the love I get from them and I'd  tell them how much I'll appreciate it if they can convert their love to referrals and jobs. Seriously, I'd reassure them that I won't negotiate quality with them and I'll keep doing my best to be their sweetheart.


Intr- Do you have anything you'd like to say to OAU students, your fans and customers?

Feyisoge: To OAU students, do your best and leave the rest to God.
To my LOYAL fans, thank you so much for the love and support so far. I do not take you for granted. I could not I've gotten here without God and you guys and please keep referrals coming oh. God bless you.
To my customers, God will continue to provide and bless you all. My services are affordable but not cheap. I love you all.


Intr- So, you've made nice comments about friends and support, your family too being supportive and your customers et clients... Is there a guy in the picture that shows as much support too?

Feyisoge: There's a man in the picture. He's my major support system.

Intr: Hey, guys, she's taken... Stay away

Feyisoge: I'm happily taken (smiles)


Intr: Where do you see yourself in five years? You as a person and your business.

Feyisoge: I see myself living the life God has purposed for me and my business would have had other subsidiaries.


Intr- The trend in the world is to BECOME somebody, you'd have to do what others aren't doing. What advice would you give a student that wants to combine like you but hasn't got the courage to?

Feyisoge: Start now! Eat that frog! The most important thing is to start, put your plans into action. Don't ever overlook the part where you need to plan, work and pray. You'll fall along the way but get up and build an edifice out of that error. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.

Intr: Feyisoge says "Eat that Frog"


Intr- It's been awesome having this honest and pure conversation with you. We sure hope it inspires and lifts someone out there. Thanks for your time

Feyisoge: my pleasure. Thank you for this opportunity. God bless you.


For business, contact her on 08124021004 and on IG @feyisoge

Check her page out below


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faculty of Administration releases cut-off marks for departments

OAU RELEASES FINAL LIST FOR 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS.

OAU ADMISSIONS MERIT LIST UPLOADED ON JAMB WEBSITE.