The Maverick ' Adebiyi Fatihat advises on how you can "play while you get paid" as a student.

Our Maverick for Week 9 is none other than Miss Adebiyi Fatihat, Founder of Crown Fashion House.



Read full interview below.

Intr: Hi
Fatihat: Hi

Intr: Could you please introduce yourself to our readers?

Fatihat: I'm Adebiyi Fatihat
A 400level student in the department of microbiology, Obafemi Awolowo University, founder of Crown fashion house


Intr: it's great to have you here with us... So, our team has identified you as a Maverick... How do you feel about this?

Fatihat: It is an honour


Intr: Good to have you here... So, great ife community... How's been your experience so far?

Fatihat: It has been fair enough, the struggle, the learning.... But i believe these things build great ife students
Intr: (smiles) indeed they do


Intr: kindly describe your extra curricular exploit to the readers. Like what you do aside being a student.

Fatihat: I'm a fashion designer, i bring live into fabrics and also a fabrics dealer (double honour i guess )


Intr: How do you juggle between your academics and side business?

Fatihat: Mehn, sometimes it's not easy but the priority (classes) comes first... But most times i sew during my leisure, it's fun to me


Intr: Of all interests you could pick up, why this line? How did you start?

Fatihat: Okay, i'm a fashion lover.. I admire people that look good & i love designing
 I started fabrics business by buying a piece of cloth from every pocket money i had or money from families till i had about 12 different pieces. I brought them out this fateful day in the room and the little "you have eyes for clothes", " they are so beautiful" motivated me
Intr: interesting


Intr- What made you think you had to do something aside academics?

Fatihat: I believe in skills, i just wanted to lay my hands on something. I believe in book and skills neither is the best independently


Intr- What has been your greatest motivation ?

Fatihat: Every beautiful piece i design!!! The little "i love my cloth" and "it's soo beautiful" from my clients encourages me to do better and never relent..

Intr: How has been response from home? Supportive or not?

Fatihat: Actually, i didn't tell any of my parents. But recently they got to know.. Father was in support, mother just want a first class child.
Intr - (smiles) African parents are just cuties


Intr- Have you ever had a " I don't think I can go on" moment? If yes, what happened and how did you handle it? If no, how manage?

Fatihat: Yes oh!! A few times, the day i made a dress but it didn't come out well like i expected. I felt like i wasn't capable of doing this... But then, i got a new material, plugged my ear phones and made the style again and this time, it was a top notch .. I was so happy.


Intr: Where do you see yourself in five years? You as a person and your business.

Fatihat: In five years, i should be done with my second degree so i see myself in a happy home fulfilling the responsibility of a mother, wife, daughter and a joy to the community.


Intr: So, you said in five years, you'd have finished your second degree.. Would you care to share what that would be?

Fatihat: Okay, i plan to go for another degree be it medicine or worse Medical Lab Science, i'm not settling for microbiology as a profession


Intr- The trend now in the world is that if you want to BECOME somebody, you'd have to do what others aren't doing. What advice would you give a student that wants to combine like you but hasn't got the courage to?

Fatihat: There's nothing called distraction, business doesn't stop you from getting good grades. Work while you work, plan well, be consistent and most importantly choose something you enjoy doing... This way you'll play while you get paid.

Intr: Before we end our chat , is there any guy telling others to stay away? (Smiles).           

Fatihat: Lol, my father is the guy  but aside that i think there is another (smiles)
Intr ; (smiles) we would leave it that - so guys, stay away - she has two strong men (smiles)


Intr: You've been really awesome and open throughout our chat. Thanks for being amazing. It was nice having you.

Fatihat: Its my pleasure.. Thank you.

Contact details :
08143423666
@crown_fashion_house

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faculty of Administration releases cut-off marks for departments

OAU RELEASES FINAL LIST FOR 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS.

OAU ADMISSIONS MERIT LIST UPLOADED ON JAMB WEBSITE.