Reporter's Diary: How my roommate mistook me for a rat

Omole Pamilerin Inioluwa 


An illegal occupant in the OAU Female hostel which needs to be eradicated is not human but the numerous tiny mischievous creature who whickers with excitement whenever nightfall.


Female hostels especially (Alumni Hostel and Akintola) give me several memories of rats and student activities. 

Are student the real occupant of the hostel or does this place belongs to the rat? It seems those rats are the landlord of these halls, this is my way of making jest of myself and my roomie after every sleepless night, running helter and skelter from the fear of being jumped at by a rat while sleeping.


One night in May, the temperature remains severely high, because the sun has been a long set during the day. Rat started their activities by walking and running comfortably in the room, I guess they thought we were asleep, Precious and I were still awake, and they all buzz out of their hiding place running vigorously, I was surprised at their confidence. Precious asked me if I was the one running at this midnight though it was hilarious for me to be mistaken as the rat yet why were we always disturbed by rats?


Most of the halls are bushy, Female hostel management needs to realize the need for professional help and contact a pest control company. This is when we will be able to outsmart the elusive intruder who eats our food Stuff, Cloth, and Plastic bucket, defecates our wardrobes, destroy our clothes and gives some of the girls like One of my roommate trauma because of the fear of rat is the beginning of wisdom for some of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faculty of Administration releases cut-off marks for departments

OAU RELEASES FINAL LIST FOR 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS.

OAU ADMISSIONS MERIT LIST UPLOADED ON JAMB WEBSITE.