My Family Wasn’t In Support - MBG OAU Queen

Emiola Oluwaseun 



Onyinye Samuella Okwudili, Part 2 Political Science Student, the second runner-up emerged winner in the Most Beautiful Girl in OAU pageantry in this interview with Emiola Oluwaseun of OAU KILONSHELE speaks about herself and the beauty contest.


Can you tell us your name? And a little bit about your upbringing? 


My name is Onyinye Samuella Okwudili. 

I am an Igbo girl from Anambra but was born and brought up in Kaduna.

I’m from a family of four. I am the second and the last born. I have an elder sister who also schools here in OAU. 

I’m from a Christian home. 


How did you come across MBG OAU? Is this the first time you are contesting in a pageantry or you have contested for one before?


This is the first time I’m contesting for pageantry. 

I came across it through my roommate who told me to go for it, I was at first of reluctant but then I saw how I can use this to push my music and my political career, creating a brand on my name and I decided to push for it to the last. 


What were the challenges you faced as a contestant and how did you overcome?


Ah! financial challenges, emotional challenges. Especially considering the fact that my family wasn’t in support of me. 

It’s really depressing my dear. 

You know there is this feeling of solace you have when your family supports you in your endeavors, it’s very fulfilling you know.

But thank God for friends. I thank God for linking me with the right people whom I never even knew but when I knew them they were willing to throw themselves at all costs to meet the end of my success. They were my only driving force. 


Do you have a sponsor?


Not really. 

Just random people standing by me


Where do you see yourself in the next 5yrs?


I see myself at the stage 7 out of 10 of my music career. 

I see myself done with my Master's and going for my Ph.D. cetiris Paribus and maybe married. 

I see myself deep into political activism too. 

Also having my NGO on women's empowerment 

Having my fashion company too. I’m a fashion designer. 

In summary, I see myself being a career-built-society-influencing woman. 


You know this comes with popularity, how are you dealing with it?


It’s lovely. I get so happy when I’m walking on the streets of OAU and people are like hey! Samuella or sorry are you Samuella? some even hug me and yeah, I get to connect with people that love to see me out there. 

It’s stressful too, trying to communicate with everyone and sometimes I can’t cause I have a life outside the social media. But I honestly love every single person I have come in contact with in my life. If I talk to you or not isn't a determining factor of how valuable you are to me cause my life is one way or the other better through your actions or inactions in it. 

And I want to say a big thank you to all my fans and fams out there who are rooting for me. 

Even you, the fact that you deemed me worthy to be part of your interview means so much to me. 

I’m highly honored Seun. 


Do you speak Hausa? Are your parents still in the North or back to the East?


My parents met in the north and we’ve spent our whole life there and they are still there. 

My Hausa is 5 out of 10. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faculty of Administration releases cut-off marks for departments

OAU RELEASES FINAL LIST FOR 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS.

OAU ADMISSIONS MERIT LIST UPLOADED ON JAMB WEBSITE.