INTERVIEW WITH THE OUTGOING EIC OF OAU KILONSHELE, OLABODE OLUWAFEMI

Aboluwarin Oluwatamilore 
 
Can we meet you?

Obafemi: I am Olabode Oluwafemi.
Currently a 300 Level of Political Science Department.
I'm fondly called 'Obafemi' by many in this Ogbà Fémi (OAU).

So Obafemi, if I may ask, how did you birth the idea of a campus news agency and its name?

Obafemi: I'm not the founder of OAU KILONSHELE. As an aspirants and fresh OAU student then, I admire their timely update, news report and to crown it all, that brand name I fell so much in love with it and pre-admission I've been nursing the ambition to be a campus journalist.
That was how OAU KILONSHELE fits perfectly well with me and came into the picture.

I thought it was your Initiative all along.
What was the whole experience like being the Editor in Chief of one of the biggest news agencies on campus?

Obafemi: It was a ride of rollercoaster that encapsulates bittersweet experience. It all started with the challenge of putting different heads and hands to work together as a team which is a rigorous task but it was scalable while I maintain my dedication and commitment to responsibilities with
passion drive.

You should be proud of yourself.
And I'm sure OAU kilonshele members are too.
Was there any setback while you were Editor in Chief and at the same time what were your motivations?

Obafemi: There would have been setbacks but thankful for the qualitative and beautiful relationship have built on campus. Having the likes of Damola Badmos (Carrick) and Adewojo Feranmi (Max) on the team with me greatly contributed to the standing tall of the news agency.
I'm glad there were none, I appreciate their efforts.

Big shout-out to them 
How old is OAU Kilonshele?

Obafemi: I can't really say as I'm not sure.
But seems about 7 yrs now


.           One Night Three Awards: OAU KILONSHELE Wins Best Media agency 


We are pretty old
When do OAU kilonshele celebrate her anniversary also?

Obafemi: I don't have idea about that though
We might need to consult the founder or First EIC.

As regards the people you have on OAU kilonshele, have you always met them there or you brought them together?
And what was the recruitment process like?

Obafemi: The current team members were brought in under my tutelage.
Recruitment process isn't that rigorous.
Once they showcase interest and I could signal that they're passionate, they are good to go!

Straightforward!
Congratulations on your appointment as the PRO for ACJ, how do you intend on working alongside the functions that come with this role?

Obafemi: Thank you so much!
Although not an appointment but got elected.
That's why I'm handing over to capable hands to see to the effective running of the news agency while I concentrate more on duty as the Public Relations Officer of the mother association in utmost diligence.

Congratulations once again, Obafemi.
If not campus journalism , what would you have been doing asides education?

Obafemi: Oh... That's Campus Politics

I thought same
How were you able to balance school and being the EIC of OAU Kilonshele? 

Obafemi: I must confess aside being the EIC, merely being a campus journalist itself alongside a student hasn't been easy but often therapeutic with hardship in this Ogbà Fémi.
Somehow, we're just coping and adapting.

Oh well, thanks to the one that sustains us. 
What's your biggest achievement as the EIC?

Obafemi: That was some of our publications that made it through to the mainstream newspapers. It's really a big win, meaning the little things we do here are being recognized outside there.

Oh yeah, those are some big achievement.
What's your advice for the new EIC, DEIC and OAU Kilonshele at large?

Obafemi: Everyone of you must ensure you keep upholding that beautifully established legacy.
You all should see this given opportunity as a moment to shine.

I trust we will do our very best.

Obafemi: I look up to that.

We have come to the end of the interview.
Thank you for allowing us to do this with you, Obafemi.

Obafemi: Thank you so much for hosting me as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faculty of Administration releases cut-off marks for departments

OAU RELEASES FINAL LIST FOR 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS.

OAU ADMISSIONS MERIT LIST UPLOADED ON JAMB WEBSITE.