"With any setback, I get more more motivation to go harder" MO, Creative Director of House of Mo, Africa.

The Maverick" for Week 7 is none other than the Creative Director, House of Mo, Africa.


Intr: Hi
Mo: Hello.

Intr: Could you please introduce yourself to our readers?

MO: The nickname always has been Mo. But the full is Mojolaadura. 400L student of Botany, OAU


Intr: it's great to have you here with us sir.... So, our team has identified you as a Maverick... How do you feel about this?

MO: I feel humbled to have been identified as one. Its my pleasure. Thanks for the opportunity.


Intr: Good to have you here... So, great ife community... How's been your experience so far?

MO: The struggle is real but its been quite an experience with so many Memories and no matter how tedious it gets, you just got to try and keep moving.


Intr: kindly describe your extra curricular exploit to the readers. Like what you do aside being a student. Tell us about House of Mo, Africa.

MO: Okay, i'm really into quite a number of things but mainly House of Mo and i'm a campus ambassador for UBA at the moment. House of Mo started out as a fashion, entertainment and cinema enterprise but the fashion part is what i really focus on while in school. And what do we do? We simply create our own Streetwear Designs and Merchandise, giving people a personal experience with whatever they have on. We brand clothes, tote bags, slides etc. Everything Streetwear.


Intr: UBA Ambassador, how did that happen? How has been your experience with them? Challenges and tasks.

MO: I got to know through one of the former Ambassadors, I was recommended, applied and I ended up being picked.
It's been a worthwhile experience, i have been able to learn quite a lot about how the corporate world works.
 The biggest challenge has been changing the stereotype that the bank is old generation and we have been able to achieve that shift of judgement


Intr: How do you juggle between your academics and side business?

MO: Pretty challenging, and really takes a lot of focusing and time management. But this final Year, just decided to give school a little more preference, why people haven't been seeing much of our works recently, but we will be back!


Intr: Of all interests you could pick up, why this line? How did you start?

MO: Everything I do comes from personal interests and things i envision. The line of work really challenges my creativity everytime and thats why its perfect for me. Started 2016 March with my first outfit collection known as the "Nineteen 62" collection. Inspired from the Year 1962 when OAU was established.


Intr- What made you think you had to do something aside academics?

MO: Just like i said, Everything is interest and vision for me. Ever since i discovered how good i really was at it. I just had to follow that path.


Intr- What has been your greatest motivation ?

MO: Everything around me motivates me. But most notably, with any setback, I get more more motivation to go harder.


Intr: How has been response from home? Supportive or not?

MO: Very supportive, always has been. My big brother is a business savvy, so I pretty much learnt alot from him.


Intr- Have you ever had a " I don't think I can go on" moment? If yes, what happened and how did you handle it? If no, how manage?

MO: Many moments that things can really get overwhelming but they say tough times don't last, tough people do. That really keeps me going.


Intr: Where do you see yourself in five years? You as a person and your business.

MO: In five years, I want to have mapped my business on the Nigerian soil. Perhaps getting ready to conquer Africa by then.


Intr- The trend now in the world is that if you want to BECOME somebody, you'd have to do what others aren't doing. What advice would you give a student that wants to combine like you but hasn't got the courage to?

MO: I started my brand towards the end of 100L. Took a lot of balls to but they say time waits for no one. So whatever it is that you envision, the best time to get it started is NOW.  Normal to be scared and uncertain but as you go on, you always find your answer.


Intr: Before we end our chat sir, you've been really awesome, is there any lady in your life telling others to stay away? (Smiles)

MO: Ooh (smiles) no.


Intr; Thanks for honouring our invitation.

MO: It's my pleasure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faculty of Administration releases cut-off marks for departments

OAU RELEASES FINAL LIST FOR 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS.

OAU ADMISSIONS MERIT LIST UPLOADED ON JAMB WEBSITE.