I failed courses, struggled with life during my university days - Woli Arole

OAU KILONSHELE 



Popular Nigerian comedian, actor and prophet, Woli Arole narrated his struggling days as an undergraduate at the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) saying he never believed he could become a source of inspiration to anyone today.


Arole, who started his comedy journey with his friend, Asiri, on Instagram some years back, stated this after receiving an award of excellence and inspiration by the Nigerian Economics Students OAU chapter on Wednesday.


Arole, who arrived Nigeria from London, his new base, to be part of the event ,said he was in the school to encourage students about how to keep trusting God and recognise opportunities that will follow.


Speaking about his undergraduate days in the same school, the comedian stated that nothing from his past, especially in the university, could explain how his life has now turned out by the grace of God.


He disclosed that he failed courses and crossed from department to another because he couldn’t cope with academic activities and had to struggle to manage the resources that his parents provided for him.


“Today, I literally went emotional because I remembered my time in this school and how I failed courses and struggled because there was little or nothing I could do to help my situation.


“I moved from one department to another coping with the little resources I got from home. To think that I am back in the same school to encourage students and be decorated as a source of inspiration to students, this is priceless to me,” he added.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faculty of Administration releases cut-off marks for departments

OAU RELEASES FINAL LIST FOR 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS.

OAU ADMISSIONS MERIT LIST UPLOADED ON JAMB WEBSITE.