ASUU Strike: Meet OAU Student Cum Roasted Corn Seller

 Olabode Oluwafemi 





The prolonged ASUU strike gearing towards 8 months has got many students actively engaged in various skills acquisition and vocational training. 


For Afolayan Ifeoluwa Olawumi, a part 4 OAU student of the Department of Quantity Surveying, the pride she took in her roasted corn business caught OAU KILONSHELE in great awe.

Our correspondent strolling along the Facebook street, stumbled on a beautiful display of Ifeoluwa's pictures delightfully portrayed on her Facebook wall with a pot stocked with charcoal igniting heat and roasted corns arranged on it, placed before her somewhere in Omu Aran, Kwara State as gathered by OAU KILONSHELE.



"It’s another blessed week 🙏🥰" 

Posted by Afolayan Ifeoluwa Olawumi
That further paved way for getting her genuine side of the story as a roasted corn seller in an interview she had with OAU KILONSHELE.


Q- While many might consider this as an odd business to do, most especially our youthful generation, what got you into it?


A- It all started when I gained admission and I couldn't get the school fee. So I thought of what to start doing to get funds and it was during the corn session, so that's how I started doing it, combined with getting cashew nuts from the farm to sell.


Q- How has this elongated period of ASUU strike been for you and what's your take on the strike action?


A- Well, all I can say is that the strike has been helpful and at the same time delaying because I ought to be doing my IT by now but I hope they resolve the strike soon.


Q- Any piece of words or advice to your fellow students out there?


A- My advice to my fellow students is to fear God and support their parents no matter what the business may be.


While questioned on whether the business was able to meet her financial demands, she revealed it wasn't sufficient but "grateful to God". 

According to Ifeoluwa, her mother assists while she's away "My mum doesn't get much from her business (She's selling bananas, plantain and lots) and my dad is working under a community as a security guard in a school and he has not been paid for long so I do the business to support the little I get from them." she added. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faculty of Administration releases cut-off marks for departments

OAU RELEASES FINAL LIST FOR 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS.

OAU ADMISSIONS MERIT LIST UPLOADED ON JAMB WEBSITE.