OAU: DSA Remains Silent on Unexplained Blockage of Students' Eportal

Peter Oyebanji




The authorities of the divison of students' affairs, Obafemi Awolowo University have remained silent on the unexplained blockage of Olowolafe Dunsin (Dunnex) and Owoeye Olaoluwa (Olamarx).

OAU Kilonshele gathered that the students' Eportal were blocked in October and  all efforts to unravel reasons why they were blocked ended in futility.

Speaking with Mr Dunsin, he told this correspondent that he had met with both the Dean, Professour Aransi and Vice Dean Dr S.A Oluwatosin.

"My eportal was blocked towards the end of October and I've met with the Dean twice, he told me to figure out my offence. I also met with the Vice Dean, he told me to give him my mum's no. I asked him how my mum's no relates to my offence but he told me it was a personal issue. Till date i haven't been told my offence," he said.

Mr Olaoluwa also gave a similar account to Mr Dunsin'. He noted they were told it was a disciplinary action when they visited ICT but the DSA authorities didn't state the actions they were being disciplined for.

"There is nothing much to say, my portal and Dunnex Samuel's were illegally blocked, we went to computer, they said it's a disciplinary action from the office of DSA.  We met the Dean, DSA at first, he said we should go and look for what we did but he also said we should come back the following Monday."

"On our return, he still insisted that we should go and look for what we've done and he even said we should leave his office that he doesn't know us, so we left. Since then we've been going to his office without being paid attention," he said.

However, this correspondent had tried contacting Professor Aransi, the dean, division of students' affairs but all efforts have been unsuccessful. The latest effort being on Thursday, 10th of January 2018.

The suspension will be three months old if it witnesses the end of January.

Comments

  1. The university authorities should solve this problem of eportal for God's sake to allow this students settle down most parents suffer so much to send their children to this citadel of learning please and please solve this matter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faculty of Administration releases cut-off marks for departments

OAU RELEASES FINAL LIST FOR 2017/2018 ADMISSIONS.

OAU ADMISSIONS MERIT LIST UPLOADED ON JAMB WEBSITE.